Our Environmental Policy
Last Updated: 27 July 2019
At Onsurface, we think beyond profit to protect our environment. Whilst we certainly aren't perfect, we are authentic and always try our best to deliver products with minimal impact on our environment
We look to provide a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do, we check that our suppliers of materials follow similar practices. We are open minded and dedicated to finding ways to do things better - listen to new ideas, starting conversations and encouraging small changes that make our industry a better place.
Our policy therefore, is to:
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into our decision making and activities.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as is possible. Our Waste Carrier has a "Zero to Landfill" solution which ensures that no waste goes to landfill, and our waste ink recycling commitment ensures that 100% of our waste ink is recycled.
- Minimise energy and water use within our buildings and processes in order to conserve supplies and minimise the consumption of natural resources. Examples include our spring water purification system, low energy LED lighting, and ECO mode and standby on our printing equipment.
- Purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment as far as is possible.
- Continue to stay informed about environmental issues that may affect our work.
- Continue to develop a recycle or reuse culture within the organisation.
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes.
- We donate offcuts and end of roll materials, even our material tubes are sent to local schools and pre-schools for craft and creative projects .